A driver is a word used for describing the software that your computer needs for your printer to work correctly. By downloading the printer on your computer, you can change the settings such as the print quality and paper size, for any print job that you want to do. With the help of the internet, you can easily find and download the printer driver that you need for high quality prints.
Failing to update your printer driver can cause headaches in the future, especially if the file is already outdated or if your driver becomes corrupted, causing your PC to crash. By updating your printer driver, you are sure that bugs are fixed, stability is improved, and new features are included. This will be especially helpful if you have installed a new version of OS or if you are currently experiencing printing problems.
How to discover outdated printer driver
- Click the Start button and type in devices and printers in the search box to bring you to the ‘Devices and Printers’ panel. This will show you a complete list of the available printers on your computer’s system
- If your available printer shows a yellow exclamation point icon beside it, then it would be a good idea to download new drivers already
- Confirm your printer’s model by checking the printer itself, or by checking in the ‘Devices and Printers’ panel
- Go to the official website of your printer manufacturer and click the Support and Drivers option. This will direct you to the Download drivers and softwareoption. Type in the name and model number of your printer on the search bar, and press enter
- Select your current operating system to download the compatible driver for your printer. Wait for a few minutes until download is complete.
Besides making sure that your printer driver is updated, you also need to constantly update your computer drivers. This can be done easier if you have a tool that will check for automatic updates, and download the software for you. Interested? Click on the link for free download.