Installing An HP Printer Without The Disk
If you need to install an HP printer and you don’t have the disk, follow the steps below:
- Identify your model number. Most HP printers place the model number on the front or back of the printer. The model number displays as “HP Photosmart C4480″ or similar.
- Go to the HP Support website to download the appropriate drivers. Enter your model number and choose your operating system (Windows XP, Vista, etc.) to download the correct drivers.
- Connect the printer to your computer
- Open your computer’s Start menu and select “Control Panel,” and then select “Printers” under “Hardware.” Click on “Add a Printer.” Use the recommended port to install the printer.
- Select the brand (HP) of your printer, then select the model number. Click “Next” and allow the wizard to install your printer. Print a test page to make sure it works correctly.