Although the Epson 1400 inkjet printer does not have a network port, it is possible to add it as a device on your wireless network. After the printer has been set up, all computers on the local network will be able to send print jobs to the Epson 1400 wirelessly.
Here’s how to set it your printer so that all computers on the local network can send print jobs to the Epson 1400. (In order to use wireless printing with an Epson 1400 printer, you must have a wireless router with a USB port.)
- Shut the Epson 1400 printer off and move it close to your wireless router.
- Connect a standard USB cable between the Epson 1400 printer and the available USB port on your wireless router.
- Plug the Epson 1400 printer’s power cable into a standard electrical outlet and turn the printer on. The wireless router will now recognize the new device and begin sharing its signal on the wireless network.
- Open the Start menu on a PC computer and click on “Printers and Faxes.” Then choose the “Add a printer” option and select “Network printer.” After the computer scans and finds the Epson 1400, select it and click “Finish” to complete the printer setup
- Open System Preferences on a Mac computer and go to the “Print & Fax” control panel. Click on the plus symbol and then go to the “Default” tab at the top of the window. Choose the Epson 1400 from the list of available printers and click on the “Add” button at the bottom of the window.