If you already have a Nook Tablet and you plan of using it to its full potential, one of the first things that you need to do is to root it, to allow Android ROM to run on your tablet.
Below is a step by step instruction on how to root your Nook Tablet on a Windows OS. Before doing this, make sure that all your drivers are updated and compatible with your current OS, so that it will be easier to root your device.
Enable the USB debugging mode
If you have already tried rooting other Android devices, you should now know the enabling the USB debugging mode is one of the most important steps that you need to do, in order to hack your Nook tablet. This is usually easy to find, although it is hidden on the Nook Tablet. To enable it, download the APK and install it. It will open a message saying, ‘Install Blocked’. All you need to do is click the Settings in order to access the hidden settings menu. Check the box to allow installation for sources that are unknown. Finally, hit the ‘Development’ option and check the two boxes for USB debugging.
Download and extract
Download the necessary USB drivers. Make sure that you check first whether or not they are compatible with your OS.
Install the drivers
After downloading the drivers, install everything by opening your Device Manager.
Run the NookandZergy.bat, where a dialogue pop up will show the device number. Click ‘Y’ to continue, and then again for rooting the device.
Install Apps via the Android Market
The same NookandZergy.bat window will display a command prompt asking whether or not you wan to install gApps on your device. Click ‘Yes’. After doing so, restart your Nook Tablet to finish the installation process.
After it has successfully rebooted, disconnect the device from your PC. You will then see that your Nook Tablet is now running on a third-party launcher, where you can access different apps and download them from the Android Market.
The Kindle Fire is the recently released eBook reader by Amazon, which made it possible for a lot of book lovers to read their favorite novels on the go. To make use of the tablet’s full potential, you would need to hack or ‘root’ the Amazon Fire Kindle,so that you can install the Android ROM and download apps from the Android Market. For you to do this however, you need to make sure that your drivers are updated and that the driver for your Kindle Fire is fully compatible with your OS.
Below is the step by step instruction on how you can root your Kindle Fire and enjoy its full potential as a tablet.
- Make sure that your Kindle Fire is turned on, and tap the top bar located near the Wi-Fi and battery icons. Choose More from its drown-down menu, click Device, and turn on the Allow Installation of Applications on.
- Download from the Android Developer Site the Android SDK.
- Download the latest Java Development Kit, and make sure that it is compatible with your computer’s OS. Install this file before installing the Android SDK.
- Install the Android SDK file by following the prompted instructions. Once it has finished installing, it will automatically open and give you a list of available software packages for download. Install the pre-checked packages and make sure that the Google USB driver is also checked.
- After successfully installing the SDK, you will have to make two modifications for you to root your Kindle Fire. To do this, you will need to open your User Account in Windows to access the .android directory. Open the file named adb_usb.ini using the Notepad and add the following lines at the bottom of the document:
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_1949&PID_0006&MI_01
- Save the changes and exit from Notepad.
- Plug your Kindle Fire into your computer. Open the Android SDK and make sure that it recognizes your device. Open the Command Prompt and navigate to the Android SDK.
- Type in the following on the command prompt:
cd C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\
- Type: adb kill-server, press enter, and type adb devices to direct you to a list of devices attached to your Android SDK. There, you will see whether the Kindle is recognized or not. Once it is recognized, you can now root your Kindle.
- Download the SuperOneClick, install the app, open the program, and click Root. Let the program finish the process. Type in adb kill-server to the command prompt once again, and press enter. Safely remove your device before unplugging the device from your computer.
Congratulations! You have now successfully rooted your Kindle Fire! Now you can enjoy downloading apps and making the most out of your tablet device.
Webcams are great ways of connecting with your friends and family living on the other side of the world. If unfortunately your laptop is not equipped with a webcam, then you may have to buy one separately just to do video calling with your computer. However, if it stopped working after a few months of using it, there is no need to rush into getting it back to the store for a warranty because you may only need to update the driver on your computer.
One of the possible reasons why your webcam stopped working would be loose cable connections. This makes it important for you to check the cables to ensure whether or not your webcam is connected to your computer.
Once your webcam stopped working, you could re-seat the cable by unplugging the USB connector and plugging it back again to the computer. Since most USB hubs have the tendency to distort the signal, this technique can do the trick in fixing your webcam connection.
Make sure Windows recognize your webcam
When installing a driver for your webcam, one of the first things that you have to check is whether or not it is compatible with your OS. To check if your current OS recognizes the webcam you have recently installed, follow the short instruction guide below:
1. Go to the Start Menu and type in Device Manager into the search bar, and press enter.
2. Click Continue and look for the category named, ‘Other Devices’. If you see the webcam’s icon with a yellow triangle with an exclamation point (!) in it, you may need to install an updated driver to continue using your device.Updating your webcam drivers
When manually updating your webcam driver, one of the first steps is to visit the official website of your webcam’s manufacturer to download the right installer for your OS. You can do so by following the steps below:1. Go to the official website and choose the Product Support tab.
2. Click the Detect Devices for the site to automatically scan your computer for yoru device. Click the model of the webcam and your current OS to download the right driver for your computer.
3. Download and save the file to your computer. Once it has finished downloading, follow the prompts until the file installs itself on your computer.
The good thing is, there are now software programs available that could automatically update any drivers on your computer. This will make it easier for you to update any outdated drivers and to check if there are currently installed devices and drivers that are not compatible with your OS.
Different movie sites use the Adobe Flash Player, which is a video player that is based on the Internet. If your computer have video devices that use Adobe Flash and you experience problems with the playback every now and then, one problem could be pointed out to an outdated driver. This case is especially true if your computer is running on older OS such as the Windows XP. To update your Adobe Flash Player’s driver, you will need to download the most recent Adobe Flash to your hard driver.
To do this, you would need internet access and enough space on your memory drive. Below are the steps that you would need to do one by one to successfully update your Adobe Flash Player driver
1. Connect to the internet. Open the internet browser and go to the official website of Adobe for their Flash Player software.
2. From the screen, you would see different options available. Choose the ‘Get Flash Player’ option and wait for the download screen to appear.
3. A prompt screen will appear, wherein you would need to select the ‘Agree and Install Now’ option for the software to begin downloading on your computer.
4. After successfully downloading the program, double click it to launch the installation wizard for Adobe. From the welcome page, select the ‘Next’ tab. Read through the license agreement and click Accept to go continue with the process.
Updating drivers for computers is one of the most important processes that you should do regularly in order to get the most out of the software and hardware of your computer.
Canon printers are the best ones around, whether you are using it for work, home or school purposes. However, you can only make the most out of it if you install the right driver. By updating your hardware’s driver, you can enhance the quality of your print outs and get more work done. If in any case the finished product is not the same as what you see on your computer’s screen, there is the possibility that you need to update your driver. If the printer and your computer are not communicating, this will cause problems on your print jobs. To solve this, make sure that you make the time to update your printer’s driver.
Getting a printer driver update is moderately easy and all you need to do is follow the steps below:1. Turn on your computer and connect to the internet. Go to http://www.Canon.com and choose which country you are residing in.
2. Choose the ‘Support and Drivers’ tab, which can be located at the top right corner of the website. Look for the ‘Consumer and Home Office’ option on the screen’s left hand panel, and click on it.
3. You will see the ‘Printer and Multifunction’ option, and the next thing that you need to do is choose your printer’s model and series from its list. After finding your printer’s model, double click the ‘Software and Drivers’ option.
4. The next thing that you need to do is select the appropriate driver for your printer from the dropdown list. Make sure that you choose the printer driver that is compatible not only to your hardware’s model and series, but to your computer’s OS as well. Click the ‘Download’ option and save the file to your computer.
5. After successfully downloading the driver, begin installation by running the program. After verifying that your printer’s model and series is correct, click the ‘Next’ button to continue with the installation.
One of the first things that you need to know whenever you plan of updating your hardware’s driver is its current version number because it will be your basis whether or not you need to update your driver. Since computers run on different OS, another important factor to consider when conducting a driver update is knowing which version is compatible with your computer’s OS.
To do this, you will need to follow the instructions below:
1. Open the Device Manager option from your computer’s Control Panel.
2. In the Device Manager, locate which device you would like to check for its driver version and number. You can work on the different hardware categories and find what you are looking for by clicking the + icon beside it.
3. After successfully locating the device that you want to update, right click its icon or name and click on Properties.
4. Click the Driver tab in the Properties window. There you would see the your driver’s current version and other information and statistics about the driver.
Take note that it is also important that you pay close attention to the provide of your hardware’s driver as well. There are instances where the currently installed driver is the hardware’s default driver, so comparing version numbers will just be a waste of time. So if you find a new driver update for your chosen hardware, there’s no harm in installing it. However, make sure that the version was released after the default driver’s date listed.
When performing a driver update
, make sure that you make the right choice between 32-bit and 64-bit drivers, since the drivers specifically designed for them won’t work on each other, or may lack the features and specifications needed to make your hardware work perfectly smooth.